Cooking classes for children and adults, held by the Chef, Mariagrazia Antifora.
Category Archives: News
Emotional Slow Tour in Alta Murgia
Sport and relax in the heart of the Alta Murgia National Park to breathe air of freedom by walking, pedaling and riding between ancient medieval cities and endless horizons; to taste ancient dishes based on wild herbs and products at km 0; to visit jazzi, masserie and ancient artifacts, evidence of centuries of transhumance.
Participants will have the opportunity to try their hand at craft and food and wine workshops for the production of honey, pasta, baked goods and oil and for dairy processing and flour. For the most curious, an ancient basket-making workshop with olive shoots will be made. Children will be pampered during pet friendly activities with animated stories about the ancient peoples of Puglia.
For info and reservations: Murgia Slow Travel
26 MAY 2019
- 10.00: Trekking activities at the Parco del Conte wood (departure from Palazzo Jatta) by Giuseppe Carlucci.
- 10.00: Cycle touring activities starting from Palazzo Jatta – Parco del Conte woods by Gabriele Grossi (Avis Bike Ruvo).
- 13.00: Workshop on raw materials at km0 and preparation and tasting of typical dishes of the rural tradition in “show cooking” mode. Catering service by Dominu by Angelastro Chiara & C. snc.
- 15.00: Craft basket workshop with olive shooters by Tamborey.
- 16.00: Animated stories for children of the ancient peoples of Puglia.
Consult the complete program: Download pdf
Every weekend of August at a special price!
Visit the room’s pages to choose the days and reserve.
Castel del Monte, unpublished scientific investigations
Built around 1240 by Emperor Frederick II, Castel del Monte is one of the most known and studied monuments in the world.
The lack of direct sources written on the Castle, has left large gaps on why it was built and what was the real use.
His strong geometric form and unique compared to other medieval castles, the articulation on two levels, the geographical location, has produced at least 500 investigations worldwide, none of which, however, has managed to uncover and get to the bottom because of the that castle so “different”.